Review: TaylorMade Original One Mini Driver
The latest TaylorMade Original One Mini Driver boost both the brand’s heritage and the modern technologies.
There have been two previous mini drivers – (SLDR and Aeroburner), but, what differentiates Original One from the previous models is that it is packed with nearly all the latest technologies. TaylorMade has continued the legacy of producing the best club with the new Mini Driver.
Taylor Made Original One Mini Driver is designed to provide you a club that gives you more distance and power of the tee, but with a fairway wood control.
The twist face and speed pocket technology come with this driver, helping to produce fast ball speeds all across the face. But, the Original one is big in terms of size, which makes it very difficult to hit it off the turf, hence it can’t be used as a replacement for a fairway wood.
TaylorMade really impressed us with the design on the Original One Mini Driver. It looks sharp and boasts a modern design, something you expect with all TaylorMade products, but it still has that classic edge to it to remind you of the brand’s early days. For a mini driver, it exceeds visual appeal in every possible way; TaylorMade has packed all the technology you expect a driver to have in a small 275cc head. At address, the mini driver fills you with confidence. It’s big enough to feel like you can give it a good whack, but the smaller head gives you a sense of comfort and control.
- Taylor Made’s Twist face technology provides the ultimate path for the straight distance.
- The combination of the Tri-material body – titanium, 50g steel sole plate, and a carbon crown produces an ultra-low CG for distance and playability.
- It comes with a responsive feel & sound that boosts your confidence.
- It has the signature speed of TaylorMade that preserves Inverted Cone Technology.
- The Original Mini Driver is adjustable — (12-position Loft Sleeve with 4° of total adjustability).
As for myself, I’d just use this club off a tee as I believe that the head is still a little too big to use it as a fairway wood. But, if you’re not satisfied while playing with drivers and more comfortable playing with a fairway wood, then this Mini Driver works as wonders for you. Also, for golfers who aren’t fans of the size of modern drivers, then this mini driver is an excellent shout. However, the concept of Mini Driver is appealing, and I found this mini driver a decent club.